Je suis un singe sur une branche

Today, I feel like I am finally at home here (...or literally I am a monkey on a branch). Although I still don't understand everything and I am far from being fluent yet, I believe that I am finished adjusting to the French way of life. Now, I just live it. :) I've added some photos below of the past week.
On Friday, I went to a barbecue for scouts. My entire family is into scouting. They are all Scouts Guides de France. So in addition to handball, I will be a scout! It was the most elaborate barbecue that I have attended. All of the food was amazing; the hot dogs were wrapped in baguettes instead of buns. Gilles pulled out his guitar and all of the scouts gathered around and sang songs. It was adorable! I recognized a lot of the songs, but of course they were all translated into French. 
On Saturday, I went to the first meeting of the year. 
The Scout Base of Châtellerault

Elise, Mathilde, et moi!
The older kids wear red shirts and scarfs. I don't have a shirt...yet! Every city and region has a scarf unique to it. The red and yellow is for Châtellerault. 
Sunday afternoon we went for a walk around town. Louis brought his wave board (a skateboard with only two wheels). After a lot of falling, I was finally got the hang of it.
Even Anne-Cécile tried skate-boarding!
Louis the Pro
The leaves are just starting to change color. I love autumn!
 A cool abandoned place I walk by on my way to school everyday. 


The cutest little garden shop that I pass on my way to and from Lycée. 
Elise showing off her cool tap dancing moves. They use English for the names of steps in tap dancing classes here. 
It's Wednesday today so I don't have school this afternoon. Most people come home from work or school and eat déjeuner (lunch) together as a family. I thought I would post what an average Wednesday lunch looks like. 
C'est tout! 
-Becca